Another batch of the strange, the bizarre, the inexplicable wacky store names of the world.
As someone pathologically prone to understatement, I’m especially fond of business names that don’t try too hard. Do eat some OK paella before buying a simply basic but typical gift.
- Do Eat Korean Barbecue, Chicago
- Favorable Chicken-Kebabs-Ribs, London: Photo by Martin Stocks
- Nice Pharmacy, Koh Samui, Thailand
- O.K. Paella, Toledo, Spain
- OK Painters, Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Simply Basic, Barcelona
- Typical Gift, Toledo, Spain
Closely related to understatement, and just as dynamic, are the businesses whose owners favor highly generalized branding. Here are those latest additions:
- Exciting Things, Barcelona
- News & Things, Llandudno, UK
- Rainbows & Calico Things Quilt Shop, Williamsburg, IA
- Smoke and Such, Dempster
- Soup and Such, Billings, Montana
Formal titles are always appreciated, though the side-by-side Dr. And Mr. Cell in Chicago’s Little India neighborhood do make you wonder about the back story. Sibling rivalry? Perhaps Ma & Pa unwound their partnership?
- Dr. Cell, Chicago
- Mr. Cell, Chicago
- Mister Gift, Barcelona
- Mr. Lightbulb, Toledo, Ohio
- Mister Olimpic, Barcelona
Then of course there are the names that appeal to baser instincts, or at least senses of humor.
- Kum & Go, Humboldt, Iowa
There also are some new pictures for old favorites:
See these and all the other great store names.